Frani's Mile High Raspberry PieBack to List
- 1 12 oz. package frozen red raspberries, set aside 6 for garnish just before serving.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream or (2 cups low calorie whipped topping)
- ¼ cup chopped, roasted almonds
- In a large bowl, beat together, at high speed for 15 minutes, partially thawed red raspberries, sugar, egg whites, lemon juice, almond extract and salt.
- Whip cream and fold into above mixture.
- Divide into 2 baked pie shells and garnish with chopped almonds.
- Place in freezer, will not get hard.
A simple-light-easy dessert!